News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Logging, Housemoving, Deconstruction All Green"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, April 05, 2011, 08:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

As I sit behind my wild cherry computer desk, I ponder and thank all the timber and furniture businesses in the past that has saved all the carbon from being released into our environment through all the years.  Then I sadly awake and see the continued unabated demolition in Youngstown and I am sick of how the community organizers and the City failed and threw our money away with the failure of deconstruction.  For every abandoned house there is a history of that generation of trees please.

Defund Youngstown!!!!

A movement to throw the entitled bums out"

Youngstownshrimp

Recently while assessing the timber in several local forest, my long time forester who is a graduate decades ago of OSU in forestry, explained nature in a way I once never could.  If the harvesting of timber never took place imagine all the generation of trees that when dead , decay would have released carbon into the environment and left a significant footprint.  Using lumber for houses and furniture sequestered trees from emitting carbon into our environment.

Now this is what bothers me, I was at the first meeting when D'Avignon, Kidd and maybe Novotny set out to recycle lumber by deconstruction.  I remember the consultant from Seattle showing slides of housemoving as the ultimate recycling industry.  Several years latter, deconstruction is a failure and tens of thousands of taxpayer money has been wasted.  This has always been the problem in Youngstown, the blind leading the blind, I found out many of the brains that drained to the suburbs, gave up on Youngstown and frankly say leave the City to the entitled for their own demise.  I cannot say this approach is not working.

BTW, rampant demolition is still going on releasing massive amounts of carbon into the atmosphere and the public trough still is feeding the ones who claim they can lead us.  Me, I'm still doing my part to sequester the trees please and refusing to have a grant sandwich at your expense.