News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Time/Warner Cable Rate Hike

Started by Towntalk, April 03, 2011, 08:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

As everyone can suspect I'm on my computer from about 10:00 AM til 1:00 PM when I usually take a nap then back on about 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM when I have supper then from 7:00 PM to about 1:30 AM unless I have an appointment or go to the store. The TV is off until 3:00 PM except on Saturdays and Sundays then it's on til I go to bed. As to the radio, it's rarely on any more.

If there's nothing worth watching, I turn to my library of some 3000 old time radio programs.

Sounds like a boring life? It is, but as a Senior Citizen with no family, and a deep interest in history makes each day interesting.

sfc_oliver

I have a cell phone, I use it when I leave the house if there is an emergency. The only people with my cell number are those who might need to actually contact me if I am not at home.

I don't leave the house much.....

So we keep a landline, with unlimited local and long distance....

The cell is off more than on....

We have cable and we get netflix... But I spend more leisure time on the computer than watching tv...
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

We got rid of our bell phones and only use cell phones now.  Saved a bundle since we've both had cell phones for years anyways.  But we have Time Warner digital cable (thousand channels and nothing on tonight!) and Roadrunner.  Its our main form of entertainment so its worth it to us.

sfc_oliver

There are times when a company actually does save you money. I made a mistake paying my Phone bill this month. Somehow, not paying attention I paid last months amount. So I shorted them $3.50.  I called to make sure that they wouldn't charge me a late fee for it. Or i would have cost them money sending it in.

By the time I was done i had a new plan that included everything i used from my old plan and then some things that I won't use. And it will be about $8 a month less.

Oh, that would be AT&T.

As far as cable internet....I'll stick with AT&T for now.....

Towntalk

>:( What really angers me are the pesky phone calls from Time/Warner to add stuff to my service telling me how I'll save money. Take the Internet as an example. I have had the same ISP for 20 years and am paying the same rate today that I paid when I signed up 20 years ago - $21.00. For Basic Road Runner it's $39.95. Now tell me which ISP you'd choose?

sfc_oliver

So they are notifying us without saying so...........

Shady, very shady. I wouldn't know until I saw it on my bill.... As with most people I'll bet.

But then again, no worries, there's no inflation out there....

Washington says so..........

Towntalk

This link should bring up the new rate card.

New Time/Warner Rate Card
http://www.twcguide.com/rates0810/SG1.pdf

Towntalk

Sarge, if you saved the e-mail notice the new rates card is a link.

Basic Service 19.95
Basic and Standard 64.85

This is a little over a $13.00 increase for Basic and Standard.

sfc_oliver

I just received a notice of a channel lineup change, they said nothing about an increase.

But I don't doubt it one bit. Last time I cut a pay channel to make up the difference. I can cut more.

Towntalk

For those who use Time Warner there will be a rate hike that is supposed to go into effect this month.