News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Struthers council passes resolution against Senate Bill 5

Started by irishbobcat, February 24, 2011, 01:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

I have to wonder about a couple of things

What side of the bargaining table Yemma sits on? I know where he's supposed to be but actions like this show he doesn't know.

Does he really believe that government employees in collective bargaining units are the only people in the middle class?

And how will the worst effects be on the safety forces?

Heck I don't think the bill cuts any wages or benefits specifically so with "managment" like him ready to give away the bank why would they need collecttive bargaining anyway?

Dan Moadus

So typical of area politicians. Kissing a little public employee butt to stay elected. Yemma says the bills worse effect will be on the City's safety forces. We'll see how their effected when the city is bankrupt and they're out of work.  He's just trying to protect the privileged class, that's all.

irishbobcat

Struthers council passes resolution against Senate Bill 5

Published: Wed, February 23, 2011 @ 8:21 p.m.
STRUTHERS — City council passed a resolution against Senate Bill 5.

The vote at tonight's council meeting was unanimous against the bill that council member Dan Yemma, the resolution's sponsor, called an "assault on the middle class."

The bill eliminates state employees' collective bargaining rights.

"The worst effects will be on our safety forces, and we have to stand behind our safety forces," Yemma said.

Mayor Terry Stocker said he and other city representatives will be attending a Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber meeting Thursday with Gov. John Kasich at Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport in Vienna.

Stocker said he hopes to get clarifications on SB 5 and on possible reductions in state money for local governments.