News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Federal Building Restaurant?

Started by jay, July 09, 2010, 08:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

If true, this is great news!

Quote from: Towntalk on July 10, 2010, 09:41:44 AM
;D Oh doth my heart overflow with unbounded joy ... another restaurant opening downtown ... but where must I go to purchase the essentials of life? Boardman and Liberty, that's where. They also have fine restaurants.

When are the powers that be going to start bringing retail businesses downtown? Restaurants are a dime a dozen. We've been saying that restaurants bringing traffic downtown was key to this ... actually we've been saying it for years, yet there are very few stores, and folks are left having to travel elsewhere to shop.

As it stands, we in Youngstown are no better off than Campbell so far as retail shopping is concerned.

Do we have to wait another 30 years before we can actually do some serious shopping downtown?

Downtown Cleveland is further along the path of rebirth than downtown Youngstown.  IMO, downtown Youngstown is where downtown Cleveland was 10-15 years ago. (on a smaller scale, of course)  Cleveland even has a rather large residential population, yet they still have very little retail.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

;D Oh doth my heart overflow with unbounded joy ... another restaurant opening downtown ... but where must I go to purchase the essentials of life? Boardman and Liberty, that's where. They also have fine restaurants.

When are the powers that be going to start bringing retail businesses downtown? Restaurants are a dime a dozen. We've been saying that restaurants bringing traffic downtown was key to this ... actually we've been saying it for years, yet there are very few stores, and folks are left having to travel elsewhere to shop.

As it stands, we in Youngstown are no better off than Campbell so far as retail shopping is concerned.

Do we have to wait another 30 years before we can actually do some serious shopping downtown?

DefendYoungstown

I have heard the same. The individuals who purchased the Federal Building are from Niles and I believe they also have a relationship with the folks who own Vernon's.

ytowner

Quote from: jay on July 09, 2010, 08:46:55 PM
For a few weeks now I've heard rumors claiming Vernon's Cafe is going to open a restaurant on the first floor of the Federal Building at the corner of West Federal and North Phelps.  Is there any truth to this rumor?
I think he would do well there and add to the competition. Although I heard mixed reports on the Rosetta Stone, at least their service, I have heard nothing but positive things about Vernon's Cafe. The more restaurants the merrier in my eyes!

jay

For a few weeks now I've heard rumors claiming Vernon's Cafe is going to open a restaurant on the first floor of the Federal Building at the corner of West Federal and North Phelps.  Is there any truth to this rumor?