News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Losing More Sidewalk Space

Started by jay, June 07, 2010, 06:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I feel the sidewalks downtown and on Mahoning Avenue are becoming too cluttered.  There has to be a standard set otherwise each person will make their own decision on how to "use" the sidewalk in front of their business.  If Councilwomen Gillam and Righetti don't care then who will?

I recently saw used tires being sold on the sidewalk of Mahoning Avenue.

our2cents

It does give the feeling of being welcome from the business owners.  I would sit outside on a nice day in an outdoor style area.  And you're right, it is like Little Italy, as well as Cleveland's Tremont area which is beginning to revitalize itself...not like it really ever lost it...just making it better.  If the property lines are like those areas of Cleveland, then the property owners would have the right to erect fences and other structures, as long as they are within any zoning ordinances.  Like, they can go out, but must leave the public owned devil strip/sidewalk alone...at least in most cities.

iwasthere

it reminds me of being in cleveland's little italy.

jay

Two more downtown businesses have installed fencing on the sidewalk along West Federal Street.  One business has even strung light bulbs out over the sidewalk.