News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Pan-handlers

Started by Irishbobcat, October 27, 2016, 02:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I guess it's good to be a regular, downtown.  I get approached by panhandlers maybe once every 6 months.

--edit to add--

And, if that's the case, it probably makes a difference that I don't give them any money.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

kenneyjoe330

I could not agree with you more - it seems as if a person is walking alone toward you or just standing as you pass by it's a fifty fifty chance you will be asked for money.  How very sad ! ! !

Irishbobcat

The carry-out store has replaced the bus station as the new hang-out spot......pan-handle for some change and then run in for some smokes and liquor....MD 20/20!!!!!

Rushblvd

I was at the light by 20 Federal yesterday and I could see a panhandler asking a gentleman for something-He kept shaking his head as he walked away-They need to keep the sidewalks clear--To many people hanging out smoking in front of the buildings--It looks dirty..

Irishbobcat

Got approached by two individuals within the same block of West Federal this afternoon asking for handouts......A guy can go broke just walking the streets of downtown these days....