News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Restaurant To Close

Started by jay, September 14, 2016, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc4

I've been there close to a dozen times.  The view is amazing, and the décor is very nice.

I enjoyed the food, for the most part; but I found the lunch menu to be limited.  Also

they were unwilling to replace the fries they served with the sandwiches with a side salad when

I had to stay away from fried foods.  So the people with whom I was dining enjoyed a portion

of my lunch.  I also went to a breakfast buffet they offered at one time and found it really

delicious although I was a guest of my cousin and didn't pick up the tab so I had no idea what

the cost was.

jay

I dined at the Fifth Floor Restaurant about six times during the year.

Irishbobcat

IMO, it failed for a few reasons....

1. location, location, location.....if you did not know it was there, how could you find it? Didn't even have a sign on the sidewalk like Christopher's (the old tunnel)

2.The clients it catered to is no longer in Y-town......just like the airline thought there were clients who needed daily flights to Chicago......

3. Heard it was also overpriced and the food was so-so.....

The days of fancy rich-folk dining downtown died with the Wick's on the Titanic!

joly1584

I was there for the grand opening which was great.

Went once after that for a business lunch-paid for by my employer.  It was OK-felt the food was overpriced.

While they advertised heavily on TV when they first opened up, you would be surprised how many people that work downtown didn't know they were there. 

Rushblvd

Never made it down to the Fifth Floor..I heard mixed reviews on food..

jay

A story in the newspaper today announced that the Fifth Floor Restaurant is closing at the end of September.

A Few Questions For Forum Members

Have you ever dined at the Fifth Floor Restaurant?  If not, why not?

If you have dined at the Fifth Floor Restaurant, how many times were you there this past year?

Were you pleased with the food and service at the restaurant?  If not, what was the problem?