News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Building Questions

Started by jay, October 04, 2011, 08:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rushblvd

Or maybe we can get the downtown characters to portray  in the episode of the Twilight Zone...."They Hubbed No More"---

Or if it is haunted, which I am sure it is--  of the people that used to work there and are no longer with us-Because-they could never leave- ::)-There spirits live in the hallways of the Bldg. Every morning they go downstairs to the Hub for breakfast then go back up to there offices--That is why the tables are still setup...

Or if the aliens came--they landed on the roof with there space ship and took only the ones that wanted to get out of Youngstown--They are probably doing lawyer work on another planet........

Or Food Channel's guy "REHAB the HUB"

Towntalk

Another idea worth considering:

As for The Hub, we could bring in Robert  Irvine from the Food Channel's show "Restaurant Impossible "  to do a total remake of the joint.

Restaurant Rehab

Let Robert Irvine's next mission be your restaurant's rescue. Food Network's impossibly clever, creative chef will work makeover magic — in time for dinner.

Towntalk

Too bad Rod Sterling is no longer with us because this would make the basis for a good eposode of the Twilight Zone - - - "The Building That Ate Its Tenets" or perhaps if we could show that it's haunted, we could bring in the ghost hunters from the SiFi Channel. If on the other hand the tenets were abducted by alien creatures and taken away in their UFO we could bring in the UFO hunters from the History Channel.

northside lurker

If there was any food left behind in the former Hub, I doubt there would be much.  That place really did close on its own, before the fire.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rushblvd

I know exactly what you mean towntalk--It's like an episode from the Twilight Zone. Sure those people went to work one day-even thought they would have a little breakfast--but something happened --something bad happened--They entered the Twilight Zone...

ps I am going to bet the food is spoiled--The cheese I am not sure.. :laugh:

If you investigate take someone with you--like Prof. Watson or Tonto-or  the Perry Mason sidekick-I don't remember his name

Towntalk

Now that is indeed strange, very strange indeed. I wonder if there is still food in the kitchen ... totally spoiled by now to be sure, but there all the same.

To add to the mystery ... offices with all the equipment and stuff ... now this is even stranger, a mystery worthy of Perry Mason to be sure.

Wonder if in looking around (snooping) one could find cold hard cash, and given the time that that building has been unoccupied, whose would it be since the occupants didn't return to claim their property?

Rushblvd you've brought us a mystery worthy of a TV series, or at least a special.

And where are the tennets today?

Rushblvd

The equipment, cheese shakers, salt & pepper--napkins, silverware---Its all inside there--Yes there is cheese in the shakers--(which just reminds me of twinkies-it lasts forever) I was in that bldg just a few years ago when someone was interested in purchasing and renovating it--That did not happen  but what I remember as I was  walking through...The upstair offices still had papers and files in them---With peoples names--Now not sure the legal part of that --but these where law offices--I even said this is like the people just walked away and left everything--very weird---

jay

The last time I walked past the window of The Hub, I noticed that most of the restaurants' equipment was still inside the building.

Towntalk

No, it was a Legal Arts Building from the git-go. The Sears building originally stood there, but was torn down and the Legal Arts Building replaced it. This is not to say that every suite housed a law office though as witnessed by a jewelry store and a hash house of an eatery run by a "fry cook" to borrow an expression  from an old Master Chef friend of the family that owned a local high end restaurant that catered to the local blue bloods.

AllanY2525

If there was a fire inside the place, I'm sure it does need "refurbished" lol.

It would be nice to see an entrepreneur buy the place and do something
with it.  The empty buildings that remain downtown are slowly but surely
being renovated and re-purposed. 

Did this building used to be a hotel?

joly1584

The tenants were forced out of the building after the fire at the Youngstown Jewelry store.  I believe at least 5 years ago.  The Hub had closed sometime before that.

The jewelry store relocated to the Harshman Building at Boardman & Champion.

I don't know if the current owners of the building have repaired the fire damage.  The realtor listing says it needs "refurbished".

jay

Questions

When did The Hub Restaurant close?

How long has this building been closed?