News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Coming Soon - Treez Please Fundraiser

Started by jay, September 19, 2010, 05:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

I was talking about an orchard that would be significant, not a few fruit trees on a 40X 120' lot.  I also read that Grow Youngstown rec'd a significant amount of grant money, IMO this is not how you pull yourself out of poverty.  And yes, these orchards will have to be maintained like the Amish do with their successful farms.

jay

Grow Youngstown is involved with raising food on city lots.  I've heard that the group might be planting fruit trees too.

Rick Rowlands

We have apple and pear trees in our back yard, and unless those trees are pruned and sprayed they will not produce edible fruit. We just get a mess of small, rotten, wormy apples to rake up and dispose of.

Youngstownshrimp

Thanks Mary,  We're already looking into the Arbor Foundation for the fruit trees.  I wonder why with all the vacant land in Youngstown, there are no significant orchards?

Mary_Krupa

Treez Please doesn't try to deal with fruit trees. It's just not our area of expertise, and making them productive requires intensive maintenance.

Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Youngstownshrimp

Jay,  do they have fruit trees on there agenda?  If so, how can I plant some on our farm?

jay

The Treez Please organization is planning a fundraiser for Saturday, October 9.
Save this date and plan to attend.
More information will be forthcoming.