News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"The Mob Festival"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 02, 2010, 08:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Alan, City Land us the only land in the Utica shale that can be taken by anyone smart enough grab it, including the I Dora land.

AllanY2525

Does the land still belong to the church that had bought it years ago?

Youngstownshrimp

iwasthere

if it is not the powers to be idea then it will not haappen in the mv.

Youngstownshrimp

Two years has passed and sadly nothing innovative here transpired, not even Idora park zoo. 
Thank God they found oil here or this place would continue to spiral into Ethiopia.

iwasthere

Quote from: Lynds on September 24, 2010, 11:12:49 AM
sorry haven't read this thread in a while, are we talking about revitalizing idora into a water park / amusement / zoo? I love that idea. I think that would be better then a mafia museum.
lynds that is the idea from me. i do not want that piece of land to go into hands of the millcrk board. the mahoning valley needs other kind of entertainment then what millcrk has offered in the past that i do enjoy attending but the mahoning valley needs our own water/amusement/retirement zoo that canbe turned into from the former idora park land.

Lynds

sorry haven't read this thread in a while, are we talking about revitalizing idora into a water park / amusement / zoo? I love that idea. I think that would be better then a mafia museum.

iwasthere

ytownshrimp back in the 80's the Geagua Lake Amusement Park Corp want to buy Idora for a satillite park but the powers to be in the valley had other plans that did not include keeping its landmark without a personal price.

Youngstownshrimp

iwasthere, we need everyone to come together, it does not appear that the City , and some do read this board are not interested.  This is why many innovators leave the City and create success somewhere else.

iwasthere

ytown shrimp we need private interested inds not public officials whose interests lies with mt calvary church leaders. we need private investors who are not afraid to tackle the mt calvary church officials that are employed in the city hall.

Youngstownshrimp

As I said, first we need to get the City, Lynds a shot at this.  If they are not interested, we go to the Artsy folks like Easy Street, The Playhouse, etc.  We need a concerted effort here not just one or two people.

iwasthere

it sounds like a plan.  ytownshrimp what would  you recommend istead of pork and stimulus monies to grease the players envolved? ;D

Youngstownshrimp

Yes, I would like to participate as long as no pork and stimulus money is begged for.

Rick Rowlands

Yes. I would like to participate. 

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on September 08, 2010, 07:01:52 PM
What have you done to make that a reality?
not much but i would like to start fact-finding committee on this issue. would like to be part of this committee? the biggest huddle is to take back that piece property of j williams church through eminent domain because that church would want to make a fast buck