News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Wick Park Lamp Post

Started by jay, August 05, 2010, 06:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on August 05, 2010, 11:44:26 PM
The savages from the ranks of the entitled probably tried to remove the post for scrap.
i would not put it past from the ghetto, trailor trash and white trash people that leave in Town. Town residents deserve the same kind of services that are paid through their taxes that comes into Town that the subs receive from their elected officials. the current mayor's administration are the same slackers or the same attitudes that were brought on from the Ungaro and McKelvey administrations to Williams administration. there are many good residents living in Town that deserve the same kind of quality of life situations that are offered in other villiages, towns and townships residents,  but the Town residents are given the cold shoulder from this current mayor's administration's dept heads for assistance for their concerns.

Youngstownshrimp

The savages from the ranks of the entitled probably tried to remove the post for scrap.

jay

I would like to know how this lamp post was damaged.  It is between two sidewalks.
Did a vehicle drive there to hit it?
Did a group of people push it over?

DefendYoungstown

I'll report the issue on behalf of the Wick Park Neighborhood Association just for some more backup (if necessary).

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on August 05, 2010, 06:11:57 AM
I also noticed the damaged lamp post while attending National Night Out in Wick Park.
i was at the National Night Out in Wick Park too and noticed the park dept chair jason whitehead standing in front of it while he was on the phone. i wonder if he was on the phone reporting the lamp post  to the proper authorities. the park dept knew about this event well in advance. the park dept did nothing to prepare the park for this annual event. this is what ytown residence receive by allowing MY Mayor "J" having complete controll over the park and recreation dept.

Why?Town

Anyone can inform the park dept of the problem it doesn't have to be someone that lives on the northside or in the city, or even in the state for that matter.

It's possible that it happened such a short time before the photo that Jay could have been the first to notice it (besides the person that did it) and therefore the first to report it.

northside lurker

How long has this been damaged?  I didn't notice it when I was in the neighborhood on July 26th.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Have you considered the notion that perhaps the parks dept. may be understaffed and just not have enough people available to fix this particular problem yet?

Towntalk

The Park Department surely knows about it and since it is their responsability to maintain the park, they should have been on it. Obviously they're not doing their job, but then that's par for the course.

jay

Perhaps some Forum members living on the north side could see to it that this lamp post is replaced or repaired by the Park Department.

jay

I also noticed the damaged lamp post while attending National Night Out in Wick Park.