News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Let's Bring Green Mass Transit To Ohio

Started by irishbobcat, July 08, 2010, 12:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Why?Town

Quote from: irishbobcat on July 08, 2010, 09:17:45 AM
Dan, I pedal around town. I log over 2,000 miles a year on my bicycle........

2000 miles a year is quite impressive

How many miles do you put on your car?

Dan Moadus

Quote from: irishbobcat on July 08, 2010, 09:17:45 AM

do you?
No way Dennis! If I go to the end of the block, it's in my seven passenger Ford Freestyle.

Towntalk

Question: How would stores get their goods to sell such as the companies that deliver milk, bread, and other bulk products?

One little store across the street from me has on average five truck deliveries a day.

"Car free day."

Jay, you get around to quite a few places around town, how many of those trips are on bikes?

irishbobcat

do you?

Dan Moadus

Great idea Dennis. You go first. We'll know you're serious when we see you pedaling around town.

jay

FYI

Wednesday, September 22 is CAR FREE DAY!

irishbobcat

Let's Bring Green Mass Transit To Ohio
Greens support expanding mass transit, and the use of bicycles and other alternatives to cars.
Our transportation policy encourages the growth of mass transit and alternatives to cars and trucks. We call for major public investment in mass transportation, so that such systems are cheap or free to the public and are safe, accessible, and easily understandable to first-time users. We embrace the "complete streets" concept that calls for streets to be redesigned to better and more safely accommodate all users including cyclists, pedestrians, children, and the elderly.