News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Coroners Office

Started by jay, April 26, 2010, 08:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

The Coroners Office is grossly understaffed. My own dealings with them last year proves it. My father died on 20 Aug 09. The autopsy was completed and his remains were released within 2 days. However, the coroners ruling on cause of death was not released until 18 Dec 09. All because of waiting for tests and paperwork. It's the legal system we are most disappointed with.

(By the way we finally have a pre trial hearing this coming Friday. Instead of Homicide; as the coroner ruled;  the charge is " Abuse of a patient".)
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

The mother of one of the victims was interviewed on the TV news today.  She changed her mind about the tax.

Why?Town

Isn't that like putting the horse behind the cart? or maybe even back in the barn?

I thought I read not too long ago that the coroners office was cutting back because of less money due to less sales tax collected due to the state of the economy last year.

Anyone that wants to cut that income in half as a way to force increased services can't be too good at math.

jay

There's resentment building against the Coroners' attitude and failure to respond to the accident.  Some are now calling for the defeat of the sales tax issue.

joly1584

The complaint is not the cause of death-the complaint is getting the victims "officially" identified ASAP.  I can understand delaying the autopsy until the next business day, but the ID should be made ASAP.  What about toxicology tests?  Are those tests compromised by waiting or does some other company take an immediate blood/urine sample?

My other question is - How much are they paying a third party to pick up the bodies versus paying the overtime to county employees?

Why?Town

It's not like it was a homicide, it was a car wreck. I bet the cause of death can pretty much be linked to that.

jay

It appears as though the Coroners Office refused to respond to a vehicle crash in Campbell where three young people were killed.  This is a problem.  What should be done about it if anything?