News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Voting Green

Started by irishbobcat, April 03, 2010, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Bobster, when can we get a meeting together of all volunteers?  I really would like to see some of the forum members volunteer, just think of how productive we all can feel if we say we came up with the idea on a blog and that there is some progress to be made here.  We really need to visit the creek and make a determination soon on which pump we should start with.

irishbobcat

Shrimp......

Here's another web site with bigger pumps......

http://www.theramcompany.com/prices.html

Youngstownshrimp

Bobster, I like it.   Only suggestion, is that we have a significant energy source with Yellow Creek and our donor has pledged a little more money, so let's go for a larger pump and make more impact.  I believe your source is a good one and they make larger pumps I'm certain.  I know like all of us you are busy, but let's try to get a meeting with your green team, let's say at the Poland Library, I can set it up.

Youngstownshrimp

No problem Bobster, just wanted to let you know that we have a donor for the first pump under the 224 bridge.  So now we have the pump and we just need to build the system.  I know we can get most of the material from craigslist and the flea market.  I met with a heavy landscaper about helping with the Yellow Creek Theatre and we discussed the "Green" pump supplying water to the bridge flower boxes.  We came up with a great idea for the rest of the water being a pumped, a small "waterfall" coming down the side of the "Reed Memorial Stairway" which is thirty feet high!  All of this is really not a big task, the hardest part is getting started and then everyone will believe your green thrust in life.

Elmo-Ytown

How can one be more green in home improvement projects, such as Dennis' kitchen? Using green material? Only working during the day to save electricity?

irishbobcat

shrimp.....

no, still doing research...been busy getting ready for easter, and we are redoing the kitchen.....

Rick Rowlands

Trying to get Dennis to actually do something constructive is perhaps the toughest challenge we face in the Mahoning Valley.

Youngstownshrimp

Bobster Have you given up on the green pumps?

irishbobcat

232 have already requested Green absentee ballots in Cuyahoga county. If you can't vote on May 4th, vote Green early! Contact your board of election for more information.