News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Night Life

Started by Towntalk, March 07, 2010, 08:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Personally, we are not interested in another project, but we may invest if a stock company is formed.  I suggest if anyone here who shouts YTown is really serious about renaissance, they come to the table and contact JRS.  A bulkfood store can start with a very affordable inventory.  Most successful businesses in downtown were started with cretive partnerships. 

Youngstownshrimp

Thank you for the suggestion, the reason why Cedars maybe the location, is that it is ready and does not need big investment.  It even has a kitchen and hopefully, they will partner up.  In business, you are more likely to succeed if you cary no debt or very little.

jay

Did you consider the former Plaza Optical location of West Federal for the bulk food store?  The building is between Rosetta Stone and the Lemon Grove.  There is probably way more foot traffic on West Federal than on West Commerce.

Youngstownshrimp

JRS, our leader, I just got off the phone with Atty. Chevlen, he is going to get a meeting with Mara, Tommy's daughter.

john r. swierz

Maybe we could organize as the "Friends for a improved downtown" or something other.

john r. swierz

We need a team of concerned citizens to do a physical inventory of the current businesses that are located from Front St to Rayen Ave. Then list them in Categories, Ex. Law firms, Clothiers, Jewelers. With that inventory should be a list of vacant buildings and store fronts. We can then identify needed new businesses, and where they can locate.

Youngstownshrimp

Wake up!  Wake up!  Let's get this ball rolling in real time, not cyber laziness!

Met with the senior counciman JRS and he is definitely leading the charge and we need to follow.  We think a bulkfood store will work in Ytown, ala miniature Mustard Seed.  And the perfect location for it isssssssss, old Cedars!

We are going to approach the Simons and see if they will join the economic development.  However, we need help, if you really want to help YTown, we need help, let the councilman know, I am in!

iwasthere

Quote from: john r. swierz on March 09, 2010, 04:28:48 PM

I have a good relationship with Mr. Mills. His father created the Mudville Fire Dept. and to this day it gives out and annual scholarship. Rich Mills  does alot of things for our community.
jrs i am glad that have a good working relationship with rm. i would leave out any other city leaders in this endeavor unless rm recommends that we include other city leaders. we must use an olive branch approach with rm.

Youngstownshrimp

Sounds like we have the beginning of a committee, when do we meet and we need JRS to lead, I'm in and I will bring the frog legs.

ytowner

When I go to Naples, FL this May, I will take some photos of their downtown. It isn't big, but it is the "place to be" each night down in SW Florida. Tons of restaurants, speciality shops, and entertainment that attract thousands to downtown Naples each night. If I can get some photos I will.

Youngstown should take note of their lighting and outdoor scenery.

john r. swierz

I have a good relationship with Mr. Mills. His father created the Mudville Fire Dept. and to this day it gives out and annual scholarship. Rich Mills  does alot of things for our community.

iwasthere

i would form a committe to meet with mr. mills leave council and the city out of this matter unless we want to be thrown out on our bum. richard mills does not want any dealings with the city leaders.

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on March 08, 2010, 05:33:49 PM
Thank you News and Views for your typical conservative comments on these young ladies.....conservatives and the GOP are the party of hateful comments on people...and the party on passing judgment so randomly...

I am such a hateful person... not.

irishbobcat

Thank you News and Views for your typical conservative comments on these young ladies.....conservatives and the GOP are the party of hateful comments on people...and the party on passing judgment so randomly...

Youngstownshrimp

So......where do we go from here on the armory building?  As of now, the only thing we have is an idea, but if we approach Mr. Mills with this idea, he may propose it to the community, to a potential entrepreneur.  What harm can this do and just maybe a spark might ignite.  Out of this may be born a push to actually make something of this building instead of only dreaming.  I request councilman Swierz lead us into some type of brainstorm session with Mr. Mills, I am sure he would love to study any use of this historic building.  I will bring the sushi.