News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Pizza Shop

Started by jay, January 23, 2010, 06:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on February 04, 2010, 06:35:41 PM
You sure threw that motto out the window when you publicly attacked me and the certain matter that Maggy trusted you with last year.
RR you can dish it out but you cannot take it. i had to put you in your place with your museum. you will not help anyone out if it does not benefits your personal agenda. your hand is out for your causes but never for anyone else's causes. where were you this past sunday to help out at st. pat's spaghetti to help out the orphanage that st. micheals and st. pats supports in Haiti? if you want respect from me you must start acting like a decent humanbeing that is willing to help out at moments notice without thinking of yourself interests. i will like to see you at hospice of the valley's Mardi Gras party as a paying guest this weekend February 13, 2010 at Mr. Anthony's in Boardman ready to financially contribute to the cause of hospice. the ticket price is $65.00 per person bring a date from either sex and start to show your humane side of yourself. if you cannot afford the ticket we are still looking for volunteers to help out that evening for various jobs. the mardi gras committee will need help on Fri at 1pm and sat morning to help setup for the party. are you game MR. RICK ROWLANDS? SHOW ME THAT YOU CAN DO THE TALK AND THE WALK. as for Maggie our frdship is still intact we talk about it and we came to the conclusion that we can agree to disagree.

Mary_Krupa

I'm glad that Tomasino's has reopened. I'm glad to see downtown business!  However, there is a definite need to improve the interior ambience. It's not very attractive to me.  Maybe better lighting and better placement of tables. It looks very institutional, uninviting and unappealing.

As for the pizza, I like it a lot as well as other pizzas in the area. I have found that people will declare that a pizza is bad if it's not the kind they grew up with or are used to. I have a friend from New Jersey who lives here now and is telling all her family and friends that you can't get good pizza in this area. I find that hard to believe when so many people here are of Italian descent. Are they making their own ethnic food bad?  That's like saying that Slovaks don't know how to make good pirohy.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

woozle

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on February 04, 2010, 06:35:41 PM
You sure threw that motto out the window when you publicly attacked me and the certain matter that Maggy trusted you with last year.
Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on February 05, 2010, 08:43:38 AM
Right Rick, several here can't help or debate and act like their lives are an inspiration to the Valley.  But then you strip them away from their mask or prove that their words are excrement, then they pull up any mud they can against you who have track record.  I'mnothere in a past post put in writing that he was going to reveal his credentials, nada #$%$#$% thing.  The MVOC, won't even return my calls because they do not want to debate the landbank issue.  And if many here really want the Wick Park area to stabilize, why are they not reaching out to Nevels Temple who are going to salvage, who are moving their congregation to urban farm their 250 vacant lots? , they have even entered into a contract to purchase a Case trackhoe.  No, all this community disorganizing is to create jobs, THEIR JOBS.

Off Topic has nothing to do with pizza!!! Go find another room!!!

Youngstownshrimp

Right Rick, several here can't help or debate and act like their lives are an inspiration to the Valley.  But then you strip them away from their mask or prove that their words are excrement, then they pull up any mud they can against you who have track record.  I'mnothere in a past post put in writing that he was going to reveal his credentials, nada #$%$#$% thing.  The MVOC, won't even return my calls because they do not want to debate the landbank issue.  And if many here really want the Wick Park area to stabilize, why are they not reaching out to Nevels Temple who are going to salvage, who are moving their congregation to urban farm their 250 vacant lots? , they have even entered into a contract to purchase a Case trackhoe.  No, all this community disorganizing is to create jobs, THEIR JOBS.

Rick Rowlands

iwasthere

i believe in this motto, If  "you do not have anything good to say about someone or something do not say anything at all".

Why?Town

Quote from: iwasthere on February 04, 2010, 11:14:35 AM
if you want ytown eateries to survive do not attack them due to your personal tastes but you should support them by talking them up to frds and family.

What are you saying? That people should not give their honest opinion to their frds and family? That it's OK to lie to keep a business open? That your loyalty to business comes before loyalty to family?That is ridiculous.

I prefer to be able to stand behind my convictions. If I say it, I damn well believe it!

For the record, my post has nothing to do with Tomasino's Pizza. I have never had it.

iwasthere

Quote from: YtownNewsandViews on January 31, 2010, 09:24:06 PM
Gallup does this survey yearly buddy: http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conservatives-single-largest-ideological-group.aspx

I am not critical of the people running it, I just did not care for the pizza or the interior of the restaurant. There are dozens of other pizza shops in this Valley that I like a lot more and would much rather visit. I am not just going to support someone because they are in downtown, that is laughable. I commend them for trying, but it goes to show how tough it is, in this economy, to run a small restaurant successfully.
if you want ytown eateries to survive do not attack them due to your personal tastes but you should support them by talking them up to frds and family.

AllanY2525

I like my pizza with chocolate chips....and Avocado...

JUST kidding... LOL

:)

woozle

That's great Jay!!! I hate to loose any business Downtown... Now if we could get some people to have a open mind when eating pizza.. I wonder if the people that complaned about the pizza, asked them to make it a certain way? I like my Pizza burnt..

jay

jay

I've heard that the pizza shop's natural gas supplier had to do some repairs and took far longer than promised.  Tomasino's should be open for business on Monday.

I'll check tomorrow to make sure the pizza shop reopened.

ytowner

Gallup does this survey yearly buddy: http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conservatives-single-largest-ideological-group.aspx

I am not critical of the people running it, I just did not care for the pizza or the interior of the restaurant. There are dozens of other pizza shops in this Valley that I like a lot more and would much rather visit. I am not just going to support someone because they are in downtown, that is laughable. I commend them for trying, but it goes to show how tough it is, in this economy, to run a small restaurant successfully.

Rick Rowlands

Yes the restaurant just did not look appealing from the street.

iwasthere

Quote from: YtownNewsandViews on January 31, 2010, 11:20:27 AM
Kool-Aide? 40% of America is CONSERVATIVE. Less than 0% lol is GREEN.

I am an Italian. I am particular about my pizza. I didn't like Tomasino's and nor did the two people that came with me to eat it. The interior of the restaurant was just bad I am sorry.
you are too young to critize others efforts in making a living for themselves. i bet your mom still puts you to bed and wakes you up for school. as for your data on green and conservative where did you obtain your data?