News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

House Health Care Bill

Started by Towntalk, October 29, 2009, 12:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

And here I thought it was only 1300 pages when they voted on it without reading it, Did they find some loose pages laying around somewhere? I will also bet that there is about half of those pages that have nothing to do with healthcare.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

What angers me is that there is talk that there is already an 800 page Amendment to this bill that if tacked onto the already 1990 pages would take the bill to 2790 pages, and they want the bill on the President's desk by Thanksgiving.

Members of the House Democratic leadership team estimated that the bill, which they said could reach the floor next week, would provide coverage to 35 million or 36 million people, and cut more than $150 billion over 10 years from payments to private Medicare Advantage plans.

FACT CHECK: The original Social Security Act that created the program was only 64 pages long. Go figure!

Dan Moadus

You are right that I won't read it. Even if I was a Congressman, I wouldn't read it. But then again, I wouldn't vote on it either. My view is that if you could create a Constitution for our country in less than a hundred pages, then you shouldn't need more than a few hundred to do anything else.

I tell people, that if elected, I'm not going to Washington to pass laws, I'm more interested in repealing laws. We have too many laws already. My interest lies in de-evolving the Federal Government, not expanding it.

Towntalk

The House of Representatives has finally released its version of the Health Care bill ..... all 1990 pages of it, and I seriously doubt that anyone here including Dennis or Dan will take the time to wade through it, but in the off chance that they might here is the bill as released this morning:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/documents/house_bill_102909.pdf?sid=ST2009102902154

1990 pages in the House version and we've yet to see the Senate's final version not to mention the Conference version so it wouldn't suprise me if the final version will be close to 4000 pages.