News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Liberal vs Progressive

Started by Towntalk, August 31, 2009, 12:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

how you react to me says a lot about you......

sfc_oliver

Yet you cannot refute the facts other than I pointed them out, so they must not mean anything? You are sick, You truly need professional help. I believe it's available on the 6th floor at St Elizabeth's.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

no, not when they come from your right wing "mind"....

sfc_oliver

Actual fact really hurts doesn't it Dennis.

irishbobcat

like you need a fox guarding a chicken coop......

sfc_oliver

Wow Dennis, Liberals have a super majority right now and they can't get a bill passed. They are so busy trying to screw the country that they haven't even completed the common every year spending bills. In fact they are late on all 12 of them. And this is the everyday business of the country. Fact is they haven't got them done on time in 3 years, all 3 years that the liberals have had control.

We need fiscal conservatives in Washington and we need them now.

Towntalk

So what would you do with them

A. Strip them of their citizenship?
B. Strip them of their Constitutional rights?
C. Place them in Concentration Camps?

irishbobcat

true conservatives ruined this country and will continue to ruin this country as long as they have any power.....

Towntalk

I know Rick, but since I started the thread in the first place I wanted to see how "liberal" Dennis would react to the contents of the link (SPLC).

He seems to think that all "conservatives" are radicals, and the report shows that the radicals are anything but true conservatives.

Rick Rowlands

The 2000 election was decided fairly.  Even later recounts by the news media concluded that there was no way that Gore would have won.  It was in the best interests of the country that the election be brought to a conclusion, and the Supreme Court had to draw the line somewhere.

Are you saying that Ken Blackwell was being racist?  How can a black man be racist against himself? 

Rick Rowlands

Towntalk that link you posted has nothing to do with the topic that we are discussing.

sfc_oliver

Yes Dennis it is a cut and paste, And unlike some I even gave credit to the originator. And you haven't a real argument against any of it.

We do not live in a Liberal Democracy, we live in a Republic so your looking up Liberal democracy means nothing.

Towntalk

Dennis:

You will find a lot of red meat in this SPLC Intelligence Report:

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/intrep.jsp?iid=50

irishbobcat

Conservatives have always taken away the rights of the minority. The Florida election of 2000. The Ohio election of 2004, when SOS Ken Balckwell, who was also George Bush's state campaign manager, removed voting booths from black neighborhoods and purged thousands of black voters from the 2004 election log books.

Rick Rowlands

"10. Our form of government is NOT a 'pure democracy' or 'majority rule.'  In a Constitutional Republic such as ours, the will of the majority is tempered and limited by the rights of the minority, which are always intact and unalienable regardless of the 'will of the majority.' "

Please tell me what your beef is with this principle. I remember when Republicans held the White House and Congress how the Democrats were screaming for "the rights of the minority".  A pure democracy gives no rights to the minority, but a constitutional republic does.  Do you forget when you too were screaming fro minority rights Dennis?  Please without cuting and paasting answer this question, although I'm not going to hold my breath.