News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Criticism of the Convocation Center

Started by jay, October 10, 2005, 07:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reggie McLendon

I think it's set up for failure for them throw something together at this late date...........A rap act ,they could have done better than that.........Common Kanye West, Alecia Keys , Maxwell, Jill Scott, Justin Timberlake,Patty La Belle Earth wind and Fire,Kem,Kindred Family Soul, all of these got mass appeal and will sellout not like the other shows during opening weekend The show they having is for the THUGS not for the True black people who go to Plays down to POWERS Auditorium and fill the House Plus Concerts down at Powers auditorium ........Give a show for the Black Tax Payers
Quote from: YtownNewsandViews on October 10, 2005, 06:34:21 PM
I know some people down at Global who told me the African American race will get pleased very soon with some rap acts and some r&b acts as well.

Its hard to schedule anything as the year ends for something in 2005.. Thats the delay.

jay

Thanks goes to Rick for posting the information about the Hip Hop event.    Now let's see if the community will support it by attending the performance at the Convocation Center.

MOLOCH

THANKS -

I SEE A WIDE VARIETY OF ARTISTS AND MUSIC SCHEDULED TO PLAY. THEY HAVE TO SCHEDULE ACTS THAT HAVE NO PREVIOUS ENGAGEMENTS. I AM SURE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO GET MORE POPULAR ACTS IN 2006.

IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION -  NO ONE PLAYING APPEALS TO ME - SO DOES THAT MEAN - THEY PURPOSELY DID NOT SCHEDULE SOMEONE I WOULD LIKE!?

NO! THAT IS CALLED PARANOIA

jay

Other than the ice hockey games, these are the entertainment events that are coming in the next few months.  The source of this information is the Youngstown Convocation Center's website.

3 Doors Down, October 29, 2005
Tony Bennett and the Tony Bennett Trio, October 30, 2005
Australian Pink Floyd, November 2, 2005 at 7:30pm
Trans-Siberian Orchestra, November 13, 2005
Clay Aiken, November 27, 2005
Barenaked Ladies, December 5, 2005 7:30 PM

MOLOCH

CAN ANYONE LIST WHO IS SCHEDULED TO PLAY THERE?

ytowner

I know some people down at Global who told me the African American race will get pleased very soon with some rap acts and some r&b acts as well.

Its hard to schedule anything as the year ends for something in 2005.. Thats the delay.

jay

The black population of Youngstown has been critical of the entertainment programming at the new Convocation Center.  Black callers to a local radio talk show expressed the belief that most of the acts announced to date are targeted for the entertainment of the white population.

Is this criticism valid?