News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Italian Festival - August 1,2,3

Started by jay, August 01, 2008, 06:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

ytowner

Quote from: Towntalk on August 04, 2008, 06:32:59 PM
This is fantastic, and should encourage event planners to locate their events downtown. Three cheers and a tip of the hat to the Italian Heritage Committee, you've shown that these kind of events can succeed. Now what about the Irish and German community? Can you top this?
Those Sicilian Italians that immigrated from Africa certainly contributed to the event! Great get together for those in the Valley!

Towntalk

This is fantastic, and should encourage event planners to locate their events downtown. Three cheers and a tip of the hat to the Italian Heritage Committee, you've shown that these kind of events can succeed. Now what about the Irish and German community? Can you top this?

Defend Youngstown

We processed aprox 40,000 for the 3 day event. The Italian Heritage Committee said it was the highest attendance they have had since the late 1980's. Thanks to all who came down to support the event. It was a lot of hard work but it was a great, great success. More to come...

ytowner

I never have seen so many people downtown. We need more of these types of festival's downtown. There had to be well over a 5-10 thousand tonight, I got no idea for sure, but let me put it this way, there was a person everywhere you turned in your way.

FABULOUS FESTIVAL!

jay

Downtown was packed for the Italian Festival.  What a great event!

ytowner

jay

There will be food, entertainment, and rides.

jay

Come to downtown Youngstown this weekend and see thousands of people fill these streets.