News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

First Downtown Farmers' Market

Started by jay, July 23, 2008, 09:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc4

Since I was downtown anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to check out the Farmers' Market before heading home and then back out to the store to stock up on my fruits and veggies.

I was pleased at the selection and the variety and the number of vendors who were willing to come out to an untried venue.  I also admired their tenacity in the face of the unexpected inclement weather. 

I came home with corn and zucchini along with some honey and coffee.  I also bought the green beans, tomatoes, and blueberries.  Everything I've sampled so far has been fresh and delicious. 

I like the idea of giving business to local growers instead of having food that has been shipped from parts unknown.  I'll be back next week and plan to tell my neighbors about the new marketplace. 

Defend Youngstown

I left with 4 bag full of foods for under $20.00. Satisfied customer here.

amgladdeb

I went down at 5:30pm  , prices a little high, 3 tomatoes and 6 peaches  cost me $6.00.  Will not return at those prices.

ForumManager

I didn't attend because I thought they would have packed things up. Drat!   They are certainly troopers. 

jay

I've heard that the first downtown farmers' market was a great success.   After the flood, many people came out of the buildings to buy produce.