News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bad Move by Hockey Team and Global

Started by ytowner, June 11, 2005, 09:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

6,000 seats will be sold out for 3 seasons in advance!!!

I mean does PITTSBURGH Have it? NO!
I mean does AKRON-CANTON-CLEVELAND have it? NO!!!!

Add that Youngstown is a football town! IT WILL THRIVE!

Mr. Washington is a sports machine and his son was at URSULINE too playing football..... I mean ask the son what he'd want?

HOCKEY OR FOOTBALL!

GIMME A BREAK!

Reggie McLendon

Is that new Team a Simi Pro team if so The Youngstown Steelers had some support but not much.....But an Arena 2 Team will be supported ,I've been to two Arena Football games they are LOTS of fun....The stands are always BUZZING.....It's a show you will come back

jay

Will valley sports fans come to watch the home games of the Ohio Red Bulls football team?  Maybe Mr. YtownNews could give us an attendance report after the game this Saturday.

ytowner

I Second that REGGIE!!!!! I want this young intern to answer my question though? HOW ON EARTH DOES THE FOOTBALL TEAM HAVE ANY SHOT AT ALL OF FIELDING A TEAM IN FIRST YEAR WHEN THE DAMN RUNNERS OF THIS ARENA OWN THIS HOCKEY LEAGUE!

Reggie McLendon

I don't think GLOBAL ENTERTAIMENT really understand the people of this Valley if they did they would wakeup and change this MISTAKE.......I think I've been one of the CONVOCATION CENTER biggest supporters....I don't think you will find anyone who's thinks this is OK..........Pittsburgh and Cleveland is only an HOUR away a real easy DRIVE.....This is no way THOSE CAPTIVE Places Like where Dodge Arena is located.....Youngstowners and People of this Valley have been around THE BLOCK........We are their TEST DUMMY this is going be their FIRST Arena the others was open by GLOBAL SPECTRUM out of PHILLY.....We can't afford to PUT OFF something like a ARENA2 FOOTBALL TEAM for anybody sake......Mr Washington got his 2MILLION DOLLAR LOAN he does not need a YEAR HEADSTART.....I'm AFRICAN AMERICAN so this is not a RACIST STATEMENT......RIGHT is RIGHT....................

ytowner

Here is my prob. with your company.

I love Mr. Washington... New him when his son was at Ursuline. Class Act guy.

But no you are wrong when you say first come first serve. The damn runners of this arena own this hockey team! So they don't wanna be faced when they average 2,000 at the hockey games and 6,000 with 8 sell outs in Arena Football.

Sure I am open to hockey but who gives a crap about opening and stuff. DODGE Arena in Texas had and still has both running in the same year!

I mean I wanna support this arena in any way shape or form but this awful move by this Global will hurt this Arena's future.

I MEAN HOW ON EARTH WOULD THIS ARENA FOOTBALL TEAM SIGN A DEAL BEFORE THE HOCKEY TEAM WHEN THE OPERATORS OF THE ARENA OWN THE HOCKEY LEAGUE!

CAN'T HAPPEN!

GLOBAL BLEW NEGOTIATIONS AND FROM OTHER ARENA'S they don't have the greatest operations.

SHAME ON THEM! Tell your owner to do everything in his power to change it because I mean his son was one of the best football players locally 2 years ago...

And the minute a local man came and bought this team it was global's #1 plan to make it succeed or in any case not fail.

BTW: THE MAHONING VALLEY IS THE HIGHEST PAYED WORKFORCE IN OHIO... Maybe the city is bad but most if not all suburbs are doing great---NOT CAMPBELL OR STRUTHERS..

email me @ ohiostadiums@yahoo.com

and thats the way the cookie crumbles

email me or

SteelHoundsIntern

You people are all blowing this out of proportion. Arena Football will be coming! Why would you want two teams trying to start up at the same time with the current economic situation here in Youngstown? Hockey was signed first, therefore they should get the first year. They made changes to the YCC for Arena Football, so it will be here, just be patient! Everybody here at the hockey team are all for Arena football, we look forward to it and want to be involved. I hope you change your mind and come on down to a few games.  ???

ytowner

From my folks in Columbus at value shitty arena.... they seem to only give one team a focus on the arena and hockey to me is not the answer.

AF2 is....If they don't change the agreement, Forget me supporting it...

kitten44505

Glad you brought that up.

This move makes me wonder just how far Global will go. Will they only book Global shows to the exclusion of shows from other booking agencies?

ytowner

They just made a horrible move that could jeopardize the hockey team and the arena itself. If you know me I am the most optimistic person you'll ever meet; but lets be realistic here. Our area will not support a hockey team for more than 5 years......

That isn't the problem..

The stinkin hockey team signed in the agreement that they will be the ONLY SPORTS TENANT Of the arena in its first year... Well a group who bought an arena football 2 team for over $500,000 is pissed like me..

Watch the story on http://www.wytv.com/news/local/1621966.html?video=YHI

If this hockey team doesn't change this agreement; with Global Entertainment; you can forget me supporting it.

I WANT ARENA FOOTBALL 2 HERE!!! We get 5,000 to local high school games and 15,000 to YSU Games. This will sell-out every game. The Phantoms get 200 people 2 their games!!

I am pissed.;