News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Gas Protest Today - 4:30 p.m.

Started by jay, June 16, 2008, 03:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Here is some little thing that I can agree with Ryan on:

[From Ryan's Congressional Web Site]

Trying out the Fuel-Cell Vehicle

Here in Congress, my colleagues and I have been working hard to push the Green-based initiative on behalf of the American people. Even within our halls, we’ve launched a program called “Green the Capitol”. This program sets us to be the World’s first carbon neutral legislative body, reducing our energy consumption by 50n a 10-year time frame, reduce waste by using only completely compostable items, and that’s only a few to mention.

Outside our walls, just a few weeks ago, the House passed H.R. 6049 (The Renewable Energy and Job Creation Act) to not only extend, but also expand tax incentives for renewable energy, retain and create hundreds of thousands of green jobs. The bill also closes loopholes allowing U.S. corporations and executives to avoid U.S. taxes by shipping jobs and investment overseas.

Keeping in the spirit of “going green”, I had an opportunity to check out GM’s new Fuel-Cell Vehicle, based on the Chevrolet Equinox. This car produced zero emissions, using NO gasoline. It also had quite a bit of pickup, with an ability to go up to 100mph. There was very little noise from the engine, and the drive was fantastic. The unfortunate part is that these cars will be hard to come by until production meets demand, plus the fact that there aren’t a whole lot of stations to recharge these cars. I’m very excited, however, to see how this technology will positively impact the auto industry as years go by.

Towntalk

What earthly good are these protests going to do? Does anyone seriously think for one single moment that Big oil will shudder in fear and panic and rush out to lower their prices? They have drivers over the oil barrel and they know it.

Boycott one day, and then the next top off your tank (at higher prices).

If you want to be serious, then lash out at your Congressman. Hound him ... make his life miserable ... he voted against domestic drilling and refineries.

Flood him with e-mails, letters and phone calls telling the creep that you made him and you can break him in November. As it is, he's as worthless as a three dollar bill, and it's high time we tossed him out on his ears and voted in a man who will fight for us.

Creep Ryan is in a position to do much good for the valley, but can anyone name something that he's done for us on his own?

jay

I did not invent this event.  I'm only reporting that it is taking place today.  Sorry for the short notice.

ytowner

Will not do anything Jay and you know it... It's supply and demand, not protests lol.

Read my 2 cents here: http://mvred.com/2008/06/15/us-congress-let-us-drill-now/

jay

I just heard about this protest while listening to the radio this afternoon.

Protest Against The High Price Of Gasoline
Monday, June 16, 4:30 p.m.
at the Shell Station
Route 422 at Interestate 80
in Girard, Ohio