News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New E-commerce Website For Mahoning Valley: ValleyPurchases.com

Started by ValleyPurchases.com, February 08, 2008, 05:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValleyPurchases.com

Hello Mahoning Valley,

My name is Ian Billen. First of all, I must say I am glad I came across this website (Mahoningvalley.info). Until only a week ago I did not know it existed. It is about time a website as this was created for discussing The Mahoning Valley (actually, in more than one instance I even thought about organizing one for the same purpose as this website myself. However, I, along with a small group of us, were terribly busy over the past year and a half as you'll read. I never had the time. I am glad one has already been created and is serving that purpose well). I will spread the good word. I look forward to discussing news, bulletins, and issues concerning our Mahoning Valley here from this day forward. I am President of ValleyPurchases.com and Organizational Grand Chairman of the MVRP (Mahoning Valley Organization Project) Organization. ValleyPurchases.com, AKA "Valley Purchases" is an e-business and The MVRP Organization is an economic support group . Both of these entities were created with the Mahoning Valley economy in mind. The virtual business itself is an on-line shopping website. The website is anything but the "norm" in terms of an on-line shopping company and it's origin. I think you will find the website and part of it's purpose, at the very least an interesting concept. Below is our Official Press Release. I, and others that are involved with our project hope to talk with many of you soon here at MahoningValley.info.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   

A Website Presents A Different Approach To Economic Stimuli: 
A new on-line shopping company known as ValleyPurchases.com (commonly referred to as 'Valley Purchases') has developed a means of contributing to the support and growth for the Mahoning Valley's physical brick and mortar businesses in the state of Ohio. This e-commerce organization wants to build a revenue stream that rides both sides of the digital divide. What makes this website different than others of it's kind is that it has has purposely devised a solution to stimulate economic growth for local traditional businesses as well as itself, which is anything but traditional. First, this business is an online web-store hosting loads of wholesale items using the latest internet payment processing technology. Second, the virtual business has created a stimulus fund in order to assist local physical businesses. The newly released e-company has founded something known as the the MVRP (Mahoning Valley Revitalization Project) Organization also known as simply The "MVRP". The MVRP Organization is a local economic support organization consisting of local businesses and general consumers. The group maintains a monetary fund supplemented directly from profit's accrued from sales at ValleyPurchases.com. Checks deriving from the fund are distributed quarterly in complete random fashion to local physical businesses with no more than 70 employees.  In turn, local businesses and consumers from all areas do their shopping online at the virtual companies website, ValleyPurchases.com. The businesses receiving benefit from the MVRP fund are in a contractual agreement that moneys received from the fund must go toward the businesses expenses and/or growth. However, MVRP members are not the businesses that receive the monetary support necessarily. Supplementation from the fund is distributed in a complete random fashion to any business in the Valley that is a physical (brick and mortar) company with no more than 70 employees. It is the companies objective to assist small to mid-size physical business in the areas lagging economy as well as existing as a thriving virtual based business. The two types of businesses work together along with general consumer support.

Why here, Why now?
The Mahoning Valley in the state of Ohio used to thrive economically. That was decades ago. Since the late nineteen seventies the area has seen many of it's area businesses close their doors for good. Most of those that are left have been downsized in one way or another. Long before the latest "possible" upcoming recession The Mahoning Valley has been notorious for being in a twenty year economic decline.  A group of representatives from the Mahoning Valley came up with an idea for economic stimulus using virtual business. On-line shopping is a huge revenue generator and the group recognized this. It is because of this reason that an on-line shopping website in turn, was assembled.

Not An ebay Clone.

Unlike ebay, this website is not an auction site. The prices listed on the website are indeed the actual prices. There are no additional fees or hidden costs. Shipping anywhere in the Continental United States is completely free of charge on all items.

Valley Purchases says..."The Internet doesn't bite."
The concept here is clearly to embrace internet related technology instead of hindering it or being reluctant. Representatives from Valley Purchases want consumers to be involved. They want to bring e-commerce (the process and/or facilitation of buying items or purchasing services online) more to the forefront in it's area.
A spokesperson for Valley Purchases says "a serious part of our area's population here in the Valley, is it seems ....somewhat...uninformed.....or scared of the internet, or computers in general. We want to start to change all that." He continues, "I was telling my Aunt the other day.... She's almost sixty two. I said to her 'the Internet doesn't bite.'

Valley Purchases President, Ian Billen explains.
Ian Billen, President of ValleyPurchases.com, and Organizational Grand Chairman of the MVRP Organization wants a different direction to be opened and explored in economic stimuli. He states that "traditional fund raisers like spaghetti dinners aren't going to get us out of the woods".  He continues,"Special governmental funding programs that used to make at least a dent have dried up for us".  The e-commerce company wants to try something completely fresh. "What is being implemented is going to be the first internet based e-commerce (internet business / purchasing) solution that is targeted to helping actual brick and mortar physical companies hand in hand. We foreseen the probability of an economic recession coming down the pike. Regardless, as you know our area is not exactly thriving economically in the first place" he explains. Ian Billen insisted that the internet had to serve as the plans "hub" in some way. He finishes. "ValleyPurchases.com is the result and we really think it can serve the purpose well. We actually truly believe in the effort and we're going through several channels to get it out there. We have to make it clear that this website has purpose."   

About ValleyPurchases.com
ValleyPurchases.com has a considerably large number of different items listed in several different categories. "Around the house", "Computers", "Stereo and Home Theater", "Kids Stuff",  and "Office Things" are to name some of these categories. Shipping is completely free at this web store. There are no handling or transaction charges and the website is proudly Guardian E-commerce Certified. Guardian E-commerce Certification is a very reputable website integrity and payment security based certification that is acquired only by select online e-businesses. the on-line shopping websites that attain this certification are thouroughly reviewed, and must adhere and practice online sales under strict security protocols. As well, specific consumer support guidelines must be followed and personal privacy policies must be implemented by the organization in order to attain the certification. Valleypurchases.com and The MVRP has recently gathered several area businesses (listed below) as new members. The new e-business has no governmental involvement and maintains it will rely solely on the community to drive it's cause. Valley Purchases representatives seem intent on making a positive change in which support is created for businesses on both sides of the digital divide.

See Their Website Here: ValleyPurchases.com

http://valleypurchases.com

If you have a question for ValleyPurchases.com or need some type of assistance use the email address: questions@valleypurchases.com. You can also contact Valley Purchases completely toll free at 1-888-AIM-OHIO (1-888-246-6446).

New MVRP Members: Mahoning Valley Home Builders Association ; J. Arnold & Associates ; L.E. Roberts Consulting / Larry E. Roberts CPA & Principal; The Agent, America's Insurance Agency.