News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ongoing Conflicts At Chaney And East

Started by jay, January 26, 2008, 07:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I would have to say let the kids continue to participate in the sports activities,
as they are a good way to learn leadership, teamwork, sportsmanship, etc. which
are all desirable behaviours.

As for the rowdy kids in the audience - take a ZERO TOLERANCE attitude toward
their unacceptable behaviour.  Anyone caught fighting in the stands, on the grounds
of the sports venue, etc should IMMEDIATELY be arrested and thrown in jail - to SEND
A MESSAGE that this kind of behaviour WILL NOT be tolerated, PERIOD.

:/

ytowner

No. let the athletes play, but have security all over the stands. Athletics is one way for these student's to show their skills to their peers at the other schools..

I say we call the Marines up to run one of these two schools. In Chicago, each branch of the military runs a public school in the city; the newest being the Marines.

jay

A recent Chaney vs East basketball game had to be ended early when fights started in the stands.   I have a suggestion for the school board.  Do not allow any sports games between these two city high schools for five years.   We may need this time for a total turnover in the schools' enrollment to correct these ongoing problems.