News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Creative Idea

Started by Jaime Hughes, November 24, 2007, 03:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Just don't count on the book being too factual.  I could write a paper correcting the factual errors, starting with their misspelling of my name. Oh by the way The JEANNETTE BLAST FURNACE WAS NEVER NEVER EVER EVER NAMED JENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I was founder and presisent of the Jeannette Blast Furnace Preservation Association, Inc. from 1993 to 1996.

Towntalk

Funny you should mention that book Jay. I had the honor of having an article published in that book. Great book with a lot of memories.

jay

A few years ago the book Young's Town was published by Pig Iron Press.  The book is a collection of reflections about the city written by dozens of residents.  Pig Iron Press is currently located at 26 N. Phelps Street in downtown Youngstown.  The business has irregular hours so it is best to call first at 330-747-6932.

Jaime Hughes

I recently am reading Steel Town U.S.A, and it is very interesting to see all of the quotes and poems that people all over wrote about Youngstown, Ohio.

Do any of you know any quotes about Youngstown that are very interesting? I remember reading a quote that used to be on a New York marquee in the 60's and it said,  "If you think your good, trying playing in Youngstown, Ohio."

In Youngstown we make steel,
We make steel and we talk steel. -- from a 1945 War Bond Film