News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Prepare Yourself and Your Family…Why now?

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, November 11, 2007, 02:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmill

Maybe I.m just a freak but I envisioned this back in the early 90's . The murder rate in Y-town hit 60 in 1 year , crime was way up and I was tired or packing a piece and worrying about gettin busted for that (before the CC law) So I sold out and moved far enough away from the city. Actually its cheaper to live . No gas, water, sewage,trash bills No city tax and acres of land to enjoy. I don't worry about when TSHTF bad city folks  comming to steal from you , I've prepared for that . But with all the preparations something can still go wrong

Towntalk

These are very practical ideas that everyone should be following. When the great snowstorm of 1951 hit, my Mother and I got through it in great shape because she had stashed away a lot of extra food,was able to make her own bread, and we were able to take care of not only ourselves but my Grand Parents who lived down the hall from us in our apartment buillding.

As for something bad possably happening, just this last Friday on my web site I ran no fewer than six articles that point to a major recession. When the banks are 1.7 billion in the red and the number is growing, and when the dollar in plunging to a historic low, and the cost of oil is nearing the $100 a barrel, that isn't good by any measure, and the worst part of it is that Congress is so busy posturing for the 2008 elections that they aren't addressing these problems.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Prepare Yourself and Your Family...Why now?

I started writing this a few weeks ago and stopped...but maybe I'll try to write more now.

Over the past 6-8 months I have experienced a continual intuitive like feel about something that is coming that appears much larger than my individual world. I have tried to ignore this feeling...and that is quite different for me because my intuitive nature has always served me well, even when I made mistakes...So I have learned to recognize and respect my intuition as a real entity.  My son tried to convince me that I was only feeling the effects of living in this particular depressed area but it seems much greater than that.

I was completing my under graduate college years during our nation's last gas shortage and I was buying distressed real estate during our last economic recession...but what we are headed for now is very different.  Below are things that we have done or are doing at our home.

The following is a list of things that I recommend that you give strong consideration to:

1.   Do an Internet search on ideas for Family Emergency and Disaster First Aid/Survival Kits. (https://www.redcrossstore.org)
2.   Consider installing a safe and efficient Wood Burning Heat Source at your home (http://www.quadrafire.com/)
3.   Consider Food and Fresh Water storage that will last for 2-3 months.
4.   Consider buying personal and family self protection devices. (use your imagination)
5.   Consider buying a Gas powered Electric Generator
6.   Consider converting your Hot Water Tank from gas to electric power.
7.   Consider driving your automobile much, much slower.
8.   Consider putting these things on the top of your "Things to Do List"
9.   Consider adding some more things to this list.

And be thankful that you are living in this area where the cost of living is very low.