News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Poorly Attended Octoberfest

Started by jay, October 13, 2007, 10:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I think it is all about the advertising.  I didn't hear anything about it except here. As the blog article  notes...
There was the Halloween event at the Children's museum that could have carried over and the YSU game that also could have carried over.
Perhaps planners of coinciding events should agree to cross advertise and list other nearby events on fliers etc.

our2cents

I wonder how the environment was towards people with Families.  I think if it was possible to take a family, and some kid events were included, they would of had families come...at least during the day.  I know 3 that said that was why they didn't go.

jay

If you have a moment, view the Youngstown Octoberfest video clips on the Shout Youngstown Blog.
shoutyoungstown.blogspot.com/search/label/downtown

ForumManager

Aside from your post here - I heard nothing else.
I told a few people about it and they were surprised.

Towntalk

I hear it mentioned once on the Dan Rivers Show but that was just about all.

Mary

I agree Jay. I didn't hear anything about it anywhere else.

jay

After the YSU football game today, I decided to visit the downtown Youngstown Octoberfest.  The place was practically empty.  I counted only 15 people in the vicinity of the event. 
I feel that the Octoberfest wasn't adequately publicized.