News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Stolen State Data

Started by Micky, June 21, 2007, 12:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky

The news has reported that the intern didn't take the data device home.  He was supposed to be taking it to someone else but the intern stopped at a mall during working hours, didn't bother to lock his car, and that's where the device was stolen.   Something seems very strange with all of the stories being released by the state.  They don't seem to want to tell the truth. 

As far as the state paying for ID protection services and an outside company investigating what exactly was on the device - WE WILL BE PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS.  It could be well over 1 million $. 

Ted

What steams my clams is that all of this information was in the custody of an INTERN!!! I hate to generalize but someone who hasn't even started their career is given the menial task of taking home the disk, didn't understand the gravety of what could happen .. AND LEFT IT IN THE CAR. I cannot image letting a part time college kid handle all the data for the company I work for. Hasn't anyone at the state ever heard of off-site electronic storage before?? Who uses disks anymore!!!

Some heads better roll on this one.

Micky

I wasn't quite sure where to enter this post -
The Governor said today that "it's worse that what we thought".  Thousands of ID's, bank account numbers, and uncashed tax refund info were also on the stolen data device.

How could this possibly happen?  Why was so much data on one device?  Why on earth would state workers "rotate" taking the device home?  Haven't they heard of a safe?  This sounds too strange.  People should be fired over this mess.  Hope the attorney general investigates this also.