News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Property Reappraisals

Started by Micky, June 12, 2007, 12:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Well if they won't reappraise your home to its correct value then vote down every levy that comes down the pike.

I consider property taxes to be unconstitutional so I have to vote down everything. Government is taking way too much money from us as it is.  I seem to be one of the few who actually has a problem with it.

Micky

If anyone filed complaints & went to hearings to dispute the property reappraisals, check your status on the Mahoning County Auditor's website.  When I checked mine, I found out that the reappraisal decreased by an insignificant amount.  A neighbor's decreased by a little more than mine.  The auditor's office stated that most disputed reappraisals "went down".  When asked why it was by such a small amount, she said that it's due to our "school district" (Youngstown). 

This is a joke.  They reappraised my home by comparing it to homes/properties that were double in square footage than mine.  I presented convincing evidence during the hearing and feel that it didn't make one bit of difference - they had their minds made up before I even stepped in the door.

Letters are being sent to homeowners with instructions about appealing the new amount.