News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Employee Perks

Started by jay, May 18, 2007, 06:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

A restaurant i used to work for gave profit sharing and allowed employees to purchase health care. The company paid for 40%.

Towntalk

For private sector employers to give perks to their employees is as old as the United States itself, and certainly no crime that I know of except in the eyes of jealous outsiders. It's the perks that are given to public sector employees that bothers me. These perks come at the expense of the tax payers, and that is dead wrong.

In all my years in the work force ... all 42 of them, my employers provided employee perks whether it was deep discounts, or bonus.

Now there are exceptions to the rule of course such as the perks that have landed executives in prison, but I know of no one on this board that would qualify for those kind of perks such as stock options etc.

jay

I believe the children of the YSU staff are able to attend the college for free.

jay

Smokey recently brought up the subject of employee perks for General Motors' workers.  Please list other employee perks which are given by businesses in our area.