News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City proposes fining excessive fire calls from St-Eve's and University Edge

Started by JoyceFarrell, March 20, 2018, 12:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

I worked at a manufacturing company in Boardman for 20 years about 500 ft from the city line. We had the fire dept there about a dozen times that I know of.  The 3 or 4 false calls were within the last few of my 20 years there and I'd say from the worst employees. I'm pretty sure each call cost $500 each. At least that was the message management sent out to try to stop those false calls.

That was back before most people had cell phones. The false calls were either from the pay phone or an office phone.

Today it's so easy to know where the call is from people should be held accountable for their lies.

Here's a piece of the article that I don't understand.

"Fire officials were working to determine an appropriate cost for the fine. It would likely take between six to ten calls before a fine was given."

Based on my example given I don't think it should be too hard to figure out the cost or even why it would matter just make it $750 based on the $500 I mentioned from 20 years ago. And why wait for six to 10 calls? Wouldn't fining the second call give enough room in case the caller just made a mistake?

Our entire country is going somewhere in a basket in so many ways.