News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Pyatt Street Market

Started by jay, March 01, 2007, 07:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I agree ... it would be nice to be able to buy fresh produce directly from the farmer and cut out the middle man. Unfortunately it's in a very bad area, and people would fear going there.

At one time there was a farmer's market in downtown where City Hall now stands, and it was later relocated to where the Vindicator now stands, and judging from old articles about it, it was very popular.

There was also a farmer's market just west of Fifth Avenue on Rayen Avenue.

It sure would be nice to see a Market House located downtown where farmers could lease stalls to sell fresh produce like they did in the good old days.

Somewhere on one of my CD's I have a picture of the old Market House and would be happy to share it with the group if you are interested.

Micky

We would love to have the Pyatt Street Market come to life again.  We used to love going there on Saturday mornings to buy fresh produce.  Thanks for the picture - it brings back nice memories.

jay

The Pyatt Street Market was a great place to buy fresh produce many years ago.  If you have photos of the Pyatt Market in its glory days, please feel free to post those photos here. 

Can this market be revived in the day and age?  Has the neighborhood changed so much that people will not come there to shop?

Below is a photo of what the Pyatt Street Market looks like today.