News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Schools

Started by JoyceFarrell, January 18, 2017, 10:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irishbobcat

I saw second and third grade students struggle with security officers and try to take their guns.....Youngstown City schools are simply Dodge City.....

JoyceFarrell

You're welcome Jay. She had so much potential to being a great teacher, but as with so many others, after a few years at Hayes and East High, when she got married, she stopped teaching. Sad..

jay

Please thank your cousin for an honest response.

JoyceFarrell

Here is her response:

I have not kept up much with the schools.lately, but to be honest....most inner city schools are beyond help....until the kids start wanting to be there, see a future beyond what they are living in and have hope, faith and confidence in THEMSELVES......the  schools will fail....all schools, not just the inner city, honestly.....what do they have to look forward too????? There really are no jobs in the area, there are no trade jobs, and the cost of a further education only makes the future more bleak because there is so much debt...and the idiot who Trump wants to head up the education department does not have a rats ass idea what goes on in the inner city schools....having the teachers armed is an invitation to trouble...those kids can over power a male teacher as fast as a female....sorry....I rant...lol

JoyceFarrell

I'll ask my Cousin as she use to teach in the Youngstown School System.

jay

How many years has the school system received failing reviews?  Is the system beyond repair?