News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Big Wick Park Mystery

Started by Towntalk, August 07, 2015, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I saw that too and that is a wonderful thing for the Rotary Club to do.

Peggy Gurney

With this gaining momentum, I have read talk around Facebook of the possibility of a pop-up library being started there.
But I kind of don't like that idea. I better like the idea of just unknown folks picking up a book and leaving a book.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

It would be nice if someone could donate a few hours lf their time to sit
in the open pavilion as a sort of unofficial librarian

As for the unknown book donor, it's like the good book says, let your
good deed(s) be in secret

Towntalk

Whoever beside the point I hope that the person who got it started is never identified so that this happy mystery is carried on long into the future but it would be nice if a little bookshelf could be located to hold the books if one hasn't already been obtained.

Peggy Gurney

Nope, it remains a mystery, but has gained momentum. 
On any given day, there are different books, but always 5 or more books. Many WP folks are involved, while still no one knows who actually started it.

Pretty cool!
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Have any of our outstanding North Siders solved this mystery yet?

Towntalk

Who is leaving perfectly good books in Wick Park? This is not a one time event but some good soul keeps adding books 5 at a time it seems. We need to have a Pop Up Free Library placed in the park and name it after the person who started it.