News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

North Side Facebook Site

Started by Towntalk, July 15, 2015, 09:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Quote from: Peggy Gurney on July 16, 2015, 02:58:11 PM
;)
Quote from: jay on July 16, 2015, 04:53:48 PM
Facebook is overrated.

Yes, it is... by about 1.4 billion users, as of January 2015 estimates.......

;D   :-X   ;D

Towntalk

I think that he was referring to me and to be perfectly honest I'm getting tired of people thinking that I can just get up and go to every event that comes along when I can barely get around. When I take the trash out to the dumpster just a short walk, I'm done for the rest of the day, and when I go shopping once a month, Bob has to bring the groceries in for me because I'm exausted. I'm not saying this for sympathy, because I don't want it, but by the same token I don't see anyone asking me if I would like to attend some function and they would take me.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: jay on July 16, 2015, 08:43:10 PM
I saw this on the Today Show this morning.

www.today.com/health/women-who-sit-too-much-have-increased-cancer-risk-study-t32611

Please get out more often and try to become active in our community.

LOL... I am extremely active in our community, especially my neighborhood.
Thank you very much.    :D
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Peggy my friend, if I still lived on the North Side I'd hook a pair of roller skates on the old walker and hitch onto the rear of the Fifth Ave, bus and come to the picnic lugging a big pan of potato salid in my little red wagon.

jay

I saw this on the Today Show this morning.

www.today.com/health/women-who-sit-too-much-have-increased-cancer-risk-study-t32611

Please get out more often and try to become active in our community.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: jay on July 16, 2015, 08:34:45 PM
The City of Youngstown has a website that announces city council meetings.  Mayor McNally sends out a weekly email listing his activities including city council meetings.  The Youngstown newspaper lists city council meetings in the agenda section the day before the actual meeting.
Only 5 residents attended the last city council meeting.

Did any of your Facebook friends attend the city council meeting?

They might if it was announced on Facebook.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

The City of Youngstown has a website that announces city council meetings.  Mayor McNally sends out a weekly email listing his activities including city council meetings.  The Youngstown newspaper lists city council meetings in the agenda section the day before the actual meeting.
Only 5 residents attended the last city council meeting.

Did any of your Facebook friends attend the city council meeting?

Towntalk

Shoot, I just read the comments and ignore the likes ,,, saves time but in view of the fact that I'm on my computer from 7:00 A.M. to 2:00 A.M [I really gotta get a life and get out of this rut I'm in  :laugh:  LOL] it's no big deal. Occassionally I do get out and about to get the cobwebs shaken off.  :laugh:

jay

Quoteand average about 75 messages in my mailbox facebook related daily

If I had to wade through 75 emails a day, I would never get anything done.

Towntalk

TALK ABOUT SOUR GRAPES ... GEESE JAY TALK ABOUT JEALOUS. Most of the neighborhood groups prefer facebook to communicate with their members as opposed to coming here. Why do you suppose that this is the case? I don't see the 7WCC posting anything here, but go to their web site and you will find all sorts of activities in the 7th Ward, go to the North Side Neighbors facebook site and you will see a very active facebook group but rarely will they post anything here. Rather ask why all these groups use facebook rather than this site. As to the 4th and 5th Wards, why is it that you are the only Westsider who posts things about the West Side, yet go to their facebook site and you'll find activities that are not published here. Don't get me wrong, I love this site, but I am very active on 5 facebook sites and average about 75 messages in my mailbox facebook related daily. From this site, I average 5 messages a week.

Peggy Gurney

That's not been the case with us at all.

Our business has picked up significantly, and many more people attend our neighborhood events.
~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

Facebook is overrated.

I know many people who created a Facebook page hoping it would improve their business or encourage many people to attend their events.  Even with hundreds of "likes" the results were usually discouraging.

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~