News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

anti fracking crowd at it again

Started by Towntalk, July 08, 2015, 05:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Iwasthere, please answer one simple question?

Why only Youngstown, the largest community of black citizens, not any of the mostly white surrounding suburbs?

AllanY2525

This is the United States, not Russia, NOT Nazi Germany of 70 years ago...
and NO ONE is "coming for" them to harm them in any way. No one has stifled
their voices, let alone their votes....in fact they've had their chance to take it to the
polls not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR times in a row..

Four times in a row, the voting public excercised their rights, had their
own voices heard, and voted it down.  Four times.  The majority clearly
and simply said "NO" [repeatedly]

No means no.

I think both sides have had their fair share of democracy on this one issue.
To have it repeated every election just because one side or the other was
a sore (multiple) loser is not democracy, its tedious, repetitive and totally
unnecessary.

Give it a break for ONE election cycle, if the people have some drastic
change of heart and the majority of the voters do a complete 180 degree
turn on their opinion on this issue at the next election, then democracy will
be served...just like it was the last four times (in a row)

iwasthere

my main concern on ALL VOTING ISSUES that it should be brought to the voters until both or either side is exhausted from their issues. I say when one group or many silence a voice at the ballot box, you allow another group to silence your voice at the ballot box.

when they came for the political dissenters no one spoke for them
when they came for the homosexuals no one spoke for them
when they came for the jews no one spoke for them
when they came for me there was no one to speak on my behalf

Towntalk

Doesn't jimmy boy live in Boardman?

Youngstownshrimp

BGees.  You're full of crap again!  Quit lying thru your teeth.  In live in Youngstown.  It is the Frachophopics like Jim and his ilk who hide in suburbia. Come out and debate like a man, you commie!

Towntalk

Listen and listen good gum flapper, I live IN Youngstown ... the 7th Ward to be exact and I OPPOSE your outfit with every fiber of my body!

BG

The men and women who are opposed to Youngstown's Community Bill of Rights don't live in Youngstown.  There should be a rule stating that outsiders are not allowed to spend money to influence Youngstown elections.

Youngstownshrimp

Iwasthere, the energy industry is fighting to remove opec as our supplier.  For close to 100 years the usa has been enslaved by opec. We are now at the crossroads in history,  we are fighting to be energy independent.  As soon as we win history shows that those with energy draw manufacturing. There are thousands od jobs now, but most locals can't pass the drug test.

Towntalk

When the anti-fracking people whine and bellow that they are voicing the will of the people they are lying through their dentures because their ballot issue was voted down four times ... count them ... four times. THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE OF YOUNGSTOWN WAS VOICED FOUR TIMES ... SO WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR THIS TO SINK INTO THEIR COLLECTIVE HEADS? APPARENTLY NOTHING!

AllanY2525

The people have spoken - in fact they have spoken FOUR TIMES.  Give it a rest for a
couple election cycles....geez....

>:(

iwasthere

where are the five thousand jobs that were promised by the gas and oil companies that are in the industry of fracking?

Towntalk

>:( Like it or not, here I stand on this issue.  >:(

Towntalk

Towntalk

Say NO to the anti fracking crowd  >:( >:( :P :P >:( >:(