News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Tire Recycling Drive - Saturday, October 19

Started by jay, October 15, 2013, 07:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

Days of a week ----> SUNDAY ... MONDAY ... TUESDAY ... WEDNESDAY ... THURSDAY ... FRIDAY ... SATURDAY = DAYS IN A WEEK = WEEKDAYS = Millions of people work at least 6 days on a regular basis whether it's Sunday thru Friday or Monday thru Saturday, so it is little more than nit picking to say that a weekday consists of five days for these hard working folks who's taxes help pay for the things you, I and the man behind the tree enjoy. I know a man right across the street from me who works seven days a week from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm he has a grocery store. When I go shopping (yes, I shop on Sundays when I need something right away) I note that there are plenty of people who are at work to serve my needs, and many of them are on a 6 day schedule. People need gas for their car ... what do you suppose would happen if all the gas stations were closed on Sundays? Many need the services of a pharmacist on Sunday, suppose that drug store were closed Sundays?

Towntalk

For many it's a WORK DAY ... yes, some people in Youngstown do work on Saturdays. Not all Youngstowners are lay abouts.
Do I take it that just as you do not shop on Sunday's and you will not attend events that take place on Sundays other than to go to church, and that is commendable my friend. Unfortunately, not all of us are so privelaged, and have to shop for groceries on Sunday.
Would you bring back Ohio's Blue Law that said that all stores had to be closed on Sunday?
My friend happens to work on Saturdays from 8 am till 4 pm, so he can't make it to the recycling events, and I'm as certain as I can be that this also applies to hundreds of other workers.

jay

Saturday is not a weekday.

I feel that everyone should have Sunday off if possible.  I don't shop on Sundays either.

Towntalk

My friend, who works weekdays wants to know why they can't have these recycling drives on a Sunday so that productive working people can take advantage of them without taking time off to get there.

jay

Tire Recycling Drive

Saturday, October 19
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

- Location -
Convocation Centre Parking Lot
East Front Street
Downtown Youngstown