News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Extending Insurance To Domestic Partners

Started by jay, April 08, 2013, 09:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

domestic partners benefits are for hetro and gay committed couples. do you have a problem with the glbt community?

Why?Town

Is YSU part of the city payroll?

I'm not asking questions for answers, per se, I'm asking them to provoke thought.

It doesn't really matter much anyway, everyone knows the reason for the candidates support of this issues is to suck in the gay voters.

iwasthere

why?town if you want more info on this matter contact ysu benefits dept explain the procedure to you.

Why?Town

So the bills being in two names defines a committed couple? It might rule out the animals, maybe not though.

So me and my also heterosexual friend on the YFD decide to rent a house together, after two years I can be on his insurance and so can my kids.

What if we have a third friend move in?

iwasthere

why?town dom pt ben are for committed couples whether its a hetro or gay couples. the rule of thumb you must have rental, mortgage, bank statements, utilities and other bills in both names for two yrs. the benefits are for relatives, children and unmarried partners, not for sheeps, goats and other domestic and wild animals.

Why?Town

Domestic partners, as in same sex couples? How about unmarried couples of opposite sexes? Or maybe someone's brother or sister? What if I work for the city and my mother loses her job, can she move in with me for healthcare? Can benefits be extended to everyone that lives in the domicile? It could get interesting if one person with several roommates happens to work for the city.

What about domestic animals? Dog, cats, cows, pigs, etc need medical help from time to time.

jay

Both mayoral candidates, John McNally and Jamael Tito Brown, support extending city health care benefits to domestic partners of city employees.