News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Perplexing Question

Started by Towntalk, February 06, 2013, 08:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I'm wondering if the automobile in the photo might have been one that was designed and/or
produced locally in Youngstown(?)

Perhaps this was the type of "photo booth" where folks could pose with the vehicle and get a
picture taken for a nominal fee.

Towntalk

While scanning the Vindicator archives, I discovered that there was a Nixon Theater here in Youngstown that was located on Poland Avenue.

Towntalk

Got an answer from the Public Library ... the Auto Photo = photo booths ... the Nixon Theatre building was in Pittsburgh but how the Youngstown, Ohio fitted in is still a mystery.

Towntalk

I'm gonna email the library to see if they can come up with something. Hopefully they can help as they have a good research department and are good at getting back to folks that email thm questions.

jay

Have you checked the City Directories from 1908-1915?

Towntalk

I know that I'm suppose to be the font of knowledge about Youngstown history, but I recently came across a postcard that stumps me, and hopefully someone out there in the vast universe can help me.

The postcard is from about 1908 to 1915 and while the front is irrelevant, the back, or more precisely what is printed on the back is what baffles me.

First, the postcard is unused ... so that's off the radar.

Secondly, on the side that the messages go is printed the address of the business that published the postcard, and it has as it's address "Nixon Theatre Building, Youngstown, Ohio".

Now as far as I know, there never was a Nixon Theatre in Youngstown, but as I don't profess to possess all the knowledge in the universe, I could be wrong.

If there were a street address I could possably trace it down, but there isn't, so where does that lead me? Up a blind alley unless there is someone out there that can suppl me with more information.