News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Corporate Welfare

Started by jay, March 08, 2012, 07:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazz218

Lighten up...You're scaring me! Why I'm shaking so badly I can hardly type

Towntalk

You wanna start a feud brother, you're asking for it >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( .

I try to be as courteous as possable with the folks here, but will gladly make an exception in your case.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jazz218

You evidently were never a spelling bee champion either!

Towntalk

Never claimed to know everything. I'm certainly not a walking Bratanica or World Almanac.

jazz218

It's jazz218 honey, and what I mean is VXI Global has become a convenient employment agency for friends and relatives of Youngstown City legislators. Of course, I would think someone as well versed as you in any number of topics would know all about it. How did it get by you?

Towntalk

Whatever Jazz216 whatever!

Are you suggesting a grand conspiracy on someone's part?

Call for a Special Grand Jury to probe it????

jazz218

Infocision is no longer downtown. The company is called VXI Global. Lots of dots to connect regarding  the incentives they received.

Rick Rowlands

I would like to see an accounting of all revenues and expenses to see if the city actually benefits from this deal.  Call centers have a heavy demand for parking space, and it is this reason why the others are located in former shopping centers where there is ample parking.  The two in Niles are in former big box stores.  Having all those people working downtown where parking is always at a premium is probably not a wise move if we want to continue to redevelop downtown. 

Towntalk

QUESTIONS:

1. How much rent does Infocision pay to the city?
2. How much money does the city earn from payroll taxes from that company?

jay

It's because of these folks that parking meters are being installed in front of 20 Federal Place.  (and at what cost for the meters and their installation?)

I'm sure all downtown workers would like FREE parking spaces and door to door shuttle service.  Offer this service to everyone.

Maybe we should tell the workers to leave their cars at home and take a WRTA bus to work.

Towntalk

Some folks would rather see this company move to Boardman rather than see the city offer a solution that keeps the jobs in the city. There is just no pleasing some folks is there?

northside lurker

From what I've read, it's still cheaper than paying for privately owned parking space.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

The city is prepared to spend up to $60,000 to shuttle employees of the downtown call center to and from the parking lot at the Convocation Center.