News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mass Transit topic

Started by mrniles266, May 08, 2011, 11:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrniles266

??? I am confused by that also. I'll have to go through some old routes. They seem to do a lot of that. The Youngstown area should not be that difficult to make easy and simple to understand routes.

northside lurker

I don't know the north side routes well enough to comment.

I would suggest that they make the "north side" nightline route a little more understandable.  There are 5 major destinations, but the route in between them looks like spaghetti.  For example, between St. E's and Northside, the bus apparently travels along Fifth, Elm, and Logan, but gives no indication of when, and in what direction the bus will be going.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

mrniles266

???I don't have any training or work for any transit agency. It's just what I feel. I may be correct or not. Feel free to comment.

North side WRTA ideas:

38 Belmont: This is the main North side route. Slight change  Outbound, right on Goldie to Walmart. People wanting to return on Belmont, must stay for a short ride to Giant Eagle and return on Belmont.

Convert to small circulator bus routes: North side routes are short. Two routes should be combined, Inbound and Outbound, like it was some years ago.

31 Elm: Covers Eastern YSU on Wick. At present it is a one way loop. Should be two way loop using the same bus. Elm-Logan or Logan-Elm depending if Elm or Logan is routed first. Should go to Walmart. Return to Colonial-Northside Hospital shelter. Could be a future Transfer station with any possible Trumbull county service.

32 Mosier: Name doesnt mean anything anymore. Brier Hill might have some meaning. Present use of the new, hilly Gypsy doesn't eem to have anybody who might want a ride. Go back to previous Trumbull hill. UPS and small businesses, some housing along Trumbull. Cater to them also. Go to Walmart. Return. It's backwards at present. Left on Colonial. Shelter gets used again by 3 routes. Good Transfer station.

33 Fifth: Covers the Western part of YSU on Fifth.  Good fast route to Federal Station and other routes.