News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Looking for a house

Started by Peggy Gurney, April 10, 2014, 02:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Post a few pics, once you settle on the place?

:)

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Wish you much good fortune. That is a beautiful neighborhood with well kept homes. Keep us posted, you desrve the very best.

Peggy Gurney

UPDATE:

It looks like we have found a home to purchase!  It is on Selma Avenue on my beloved north side.
We have scheduled a home inspection for this Wednesday.

I am so excited!
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

If she was on this board, I'm sure you would hear it.  ;)

However, the purpose of this thread is not to argue between tenant/purchaser and landlord/seller, but simply to ask for help finding another place to live. 
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

With due respect, I like to hear the Landlord side of this issue?

Peggy Gurney

Allan, yes she delivered a 30 day notice.

According to the Ohio Bar Association's tenants rights page, at the end of the 30 day notice, if we are still here, she has to post a 3-day eviction notice on the door.
]If, at the end of the 3 days, we are still here, she then has to file what is called a Forcible Entry and Detainer Action against us in court. A notice of this action will be posted on our door and will tell us when to appear in court for a hearing. That page says that, at the hearing, we will each be able to tell our side of the story.
~ Normal is overrated ~

AllanY2525

Peggy,

I checked the county website but could not find a section for tenant/landlord stuff.  Didn't see anything on the
City of Youngstown site, either....BUT, I would fight the eviction.  If all your landlord has is a verbal agreement,
it's basically your word against hers.

You should check with city hall and find out exactly what your rights are, as an tenant.  Did your landlord
give you at least 30 days notice?

Peggy Gurney

Hi y'all!   I am again looking for a house to rent or owner financing, on the north side.

It is a VERY long story about the house we're in now. We were planning to purchase, but the owner has since changed her mind, and because we do not have a written contract (verbal due to her being a friend of a friend and I stupidly trusted her), she is evicting us.

You all know that I have a son who has Autism, and this is very difficult for him, being uprooted again. Plus his dad just had major surgery to remove 1/2 of his lung due to lung cancer. He has only been home a few days, and may have to go back in the VA hospital as recovery is not going as planned. BUT, the we've been served with the eviction notice which states we must be out by April 30th. I have NO idea how this is going to happen, with no money and Ed in the hospital, but...

Anyway, back to the point, I'm looking for a house on the north side. At least 3 bedrooms, and preferable a fenced back yard for my 2 dogs.
If you know or hear of anything, please let me know here or by email at pgurney9@neo.rr.com.

Thanks!
~ Normal is overrated ~