News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Marshall Street Bridge is progressing nicely!

Started by yfdgricker, October 21, 2005, 01:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

yfdgricker

From the WKBN TV27 Web Site on 11/23/2005...

Marshall Street Bridge Opens

A long awaited bridge project in Youngstown is finally complete.

The city cut the ribbon on Tuesday for the Marshall Street Bridge. Located between Oak Hill and Front Street in the city's downtown, Youngstown officials say that the bridge will help commerce in the area.

"It's truly a linkage area between the downtown area and the lower Westside and the Southside," said David Bozanich, Youngstown finance director.

The bridge has been closed for a little more than three years.

ForumManager

It will be very nice to have that open again. I didn't realize how much I used it until it was gone.

yfdgricker

I just found the ODOT information about the Marshall Street bridge and it states that the bridge will reopen early November 2005. Looks like they are right on track!

yfdgricker

I drove down Oak Hill towards downtown a few days ago and the new Marshall Street Bridge is almost complete. The concrete roadway was all poured. It looks as though they are trying to finish it up by winter.