News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

$3.95 Gasoline

Started by jay, May 30, 2008, 11:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

HORRIFIC NEWS. Oil has risen $16 in two days and is at a new record of $138 a barrel.

Gas went from $3.19 to refine to $3.54 in two days. Buy gas now because they will skyrocket to above $4.00 a gallon by Monday if I were a betting man!

ytowner

Oil went down to $121 a barrel this week before climbing on bad dollar numbers to $128 a barrel. Still some oil experts expect us to get below $120 in a week or two if demand continues to decline.

ForumManager

THere is a tool on the front page of this site to see the lowest prices. Right hand column after news scrollers.

ytowner

ohiogasprices.com

Use that to find good prices, it's updated by drivers like us. Secondly can you all just stop targeting the damn oil companies and their profits. The problem is not them, it's OPEC and their lack of increasing supply. That is why we are pushing to drill in the USA, we cannot rely on that cartel to do us a favor! The damn oil companies make 5 measly cents on a gallon of oil.... Put the blame where it belongs, on those preventing the oil companies from drilling in the USA.

And o yah, taxes total a good 50-60 cents per gallon too.... The Government is the one making the big dollars...

northside lurker

By the way, Jay, my mother and I were driving around last night, and saw a few Shell stations still at $3.89/gal.

In Massillon, yesterday, they were already at $3.99.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

irishbobcat

Westsider, you are right about the quality of US oil. Even if Congress ok'd drilling.....the oil companies would then ask Congress to repeal clean air acts, etc.....because oil companies will cite it will cost them 2.5 billion to build a new refinery....and they dare not want to touch their 18 billion dollar profit margin from this year or 6 months alone.......

Dennis Spisak-Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative-60th District

campaign site: Http://votespisak.tripod.com

northside lurker

Quote from: YtownNewsandViews on May 30, 2008, 11:48:43 PM
I believe we have capped out at $125-130 a barrel. If the idiots in Congress actually let us drill in America, oil prices will drop at great margins.
I've heard that the untapped oil in the US would be of lower quality, making it harder to refine and producing smaller yields of gasoline.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ytowner

I believe we have capped out at $125-130 a barrel. If the idiots in Congress actually let us drill in America, oil prices will drop at great margins.

I am all for new fuels, but they are years and years away. Let the oil companies do what they can do to help increase supply in the USA!

jay

Pre-Memorial Day

From Mid May, 2008

From Mid April, 2008

From The Beginning Of November, 2007

jay

May 30, 2008