News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

February 14, 2018 FREE RIDES DAY - WRTA

Started by JoyceFarrell, February 13, 2018, 12:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Although this is a statewide public transit endeavor, the State of Ohio government has reduced the funding to local public transit agencies for several years.

The same could be said about Federal funding.

northside lurker

Why the bellyaching?  This is a statewide "holiday."  I just Googled "Ohio Loves Transit Day" and I found that there are many transit agencies that are participating across the state.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Why?Town

iwasthere is right on target. 

My guess is their heads are so busy doing stupid stuff they can't figure out a 7 day schedule.

They're so happy about taxpayers paying them permanently, they will give out free rides again.

Such a great benefit.  If I walk 1 1/2 miles to my local Walmart, in the rain tomorrow, I can get a free bus ride!

The first free ride was not Christmas oriented, just a festival type $10000 wrap on the free ride, so either they'll come up with some different name for an Easter free ride or maybe they'll wait until Memorial Day and spend $10000 more dollars to wrap a bus into a flag. And on and on....

iwasthere

Ever since the wrta tax went permanment they love to spend money on foolish adventures like this on love. Why don't they offer sunday bus services?

JoyceFarrell

JoyceFarrell