News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Are There Too Many Parking Spaces?

Started by jay, June 03, 2009, 07:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

How many parking spaces are there currently?

How many are used on a daily basis?

How many are used during a typical Che...Covelli Center event?

northside lurker

I think there are already enough parking spots downtown, but I certainly won't miss the Jolly Bar.  I'll be a little sorry to see the other building go, however.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Many times when I watch the noon news on WFMJ-TV they show a live camera shot of the parking lots along West Front Street.  There are very few cars in those lots.

FYI
The property of the former State Theater building is now a parking lot.

Mary

No there are not too many. Would we rather see decaying buildings? There are always parking issues downtown. While that is a very expensive project it is needed, Why keep buildings that can not be rehabbed?

rusty river

Yes, there are too many parking spaces downtown.

The project cost also includes the demolition of those structures. They probably had to be tested and abated for asbestos, which isn't cheap.

jay

Are there too many parking spaces in downtown Youngstown?

This question came to mind after reading a story in the newspaper about two properties being razed to create 26 parking spaces.

Cost of project: $400,000
Parking spaces created: 26
That's over $15,000 per space