News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

If you are going to the TSO Performance...

Started by Rick Rowlands, November 02, 2007, 08:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

The four dancing girls were the best part of the show.  But as Bill Engvall puts it, "I'm just a guy!"  :D

Mary_Krupa

Yes, it was loud, but I have been to louder shows. We had front row seats ($54 each that we got online during the radio promotion). It could have been turned down somewhat but I wasn't uncomfortable. Someone not prepared for a rock concert would definitely have a problem.

The show is about two and a half hours long with no intermission. I personally liked the second half better but that is just a matter of taste. The musicianship was great and the lights and special effects including snow were a lot of fun. The singers also were all great. My only problem was that the females were all blondes and dressed and moved and danced like strippers. Definitely they were dressed for the men in the audience. My two friends and I (all women) had a good laugh over that part of it.

It was a fun show and the TSO members had lots of personality. They presented a $20,000 check to 3 Youngstown charities.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Rick Rowlands

I was in a back corner, section 219 seat K.  About as far from the speakers as possible. 

northside lurker

From what I've been hearing at the office, this is mostly true for floor seats.  My boss went, didn't have a floor seat, and loved the entire show.  But, our receptionist had a floor seat (near a speaker, no less) and had to leave early because of the volume.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Bring along earplugs! The Thursday night show was the loudest thing I ever heard.  It was so loud it was painful.  Not entertaining in the least!  I'm actually quite pissed that I spent over $80 to see that show only to have partial hearing loss the next day!   What kind of imbicils think that turning up the volume so loud it causes hearing damage is the key to putting on a good show?