News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Another closing

Started by Towntalk, July 21, 2015, 01:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The downtown Cedars location is still empty.

Towntalk

Restaurants and bars have come and gone lo these many years yet with each passing year the Downtown keeps getting better and better. Remember the uproar when the Ceders moved to the West Side.? Folks were saying that would doom the Downtown area yet it hasn't, and neither will the Warehouse moving out.

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on July 24, 2015, 06:37:29 PM
We know that there are those in Boardman and Canfield that look down their noses at Youngstown and would never dirty the soles of their shoes on Youngstown soil. If they want an up market customer base that is their privelage. We have 2 up market restaurants downtown that are doing nicely thank you ever so much.
alot more to offer in terms of ALL KINDS OF DIVERSITY in the ytown's nite spectrum.

Towntalk

We know that there are those in Boardman and Canfield that look down their noses at Youngstown and would never dirty the soles of their shoes on Youngstown soil. If they want an up market customer base that is their privelage. We have 2 up market restaurants downtown that are doing nicely thank you ever so much.

Nicholas Serra

I go out every friday and saturday night downtown and never really feel like walking over to see what's going on at Warehouse. Usually the crowds on federal keep my attention.

Peggy Gurney

I did not see any implication in the manager's comments about there being a 'better class of people' anywhere.
Their lease is not being renewed in that building due to the hotel opening and the Warehouse 50 concept doesn't fit the mold that Marchionda wants in that building.
It'll probably be a nice restaurant and lounge that most of us won't be able to afford.

I think it's a shame that they'll have to move, as Warehouse 50 is pretty much a staple downtown and does attract thousands from the suburbs every weekend.
However, I'm also sure that hotel patrons wouldn't appreciate the weekend noise of the outdoor patio, or the monthly Party on the Plaza.
If they do re-open in the suburbs, they'll draw a lot of evening and weekend business from downtown, although I can see Martini Bros Burger Bar taking up some of the slack. 
~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

these are the same people that comes to ytown dt for party on the plaza. he is saving his patrons gas money.

Towntalk

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/jul/21/downtown-to-party-on/
This bar will leave Youngstown and go to either Boardman or Canfield where a better class of people live as implied by bar owner.