News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Christopher's Youngstown's Ladies & Gentlemen's Club"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 27, 2014, 08:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Towntalk

Prediction: Ron's trio will evolve into eight piece band with a singer or two and will go on to be a recording artist playing concerts in top venues.

Irishbobcat

The band couldn't have been that good.....they were never invited to play at the Lemon Grove.....

Towntalk

Wonderful ... Bravo ... Cool man cool ... I can dig it man. :)
By the way, Caravan, if it's the same song that I'm thinking of was recorded by many bands back in the day. Great song. I have Duke Ellington's versionin my collection.

Youngstownshrimp

Last Thursday around 5PM, they began pouring into the iconinc old tunnel, now known as the new Christopher's.  Lawyers, bureaucrats, politicians, engineers, the productive people of Youngstown leaving work and entering, what was always remembered as a private setting where one is not visible to busy eyes. 
Then David Kana of Dana, started sending saxaphone notes out and soon it was recognized as "ain't no sunshine when she's gone d..dd.d d....  Followed by Jeff Bremer of the Youngstown Symphony initiating the rythem section on upright bass.  Of course laying down the groove was the sound from a 1951 Gretsch maple kit, with energy flowing by me.
Even the largest private real estate developer in YTown was at the bar.  Food was flying out of the kitchen with the staff sweating but smiling.  After the satisfaction of delightful cuisine, the patrons soon participated in the rythem and soul of the jazz trio, as request ringed out.
The turnout at this secluded venue was more than expected and it was all good as my ensemble ended the night with Caravan, wasn't it by Dizzie Galesspie?  This may soon be standing room only every Thursday.